The Rectorate at Aalborg University (AAU) undertakes the day-to-day management of Aalborg University and consists of Rector, Pro-rector and the University Director.
Rectorate at Aalborg University
Rector Per Michael Johansen undertakes the day-to-day management of Aalborg University within the framework laid down by the AAU Board.
- Rector signs for the University, with the exception of transactions pertaining to real property, and decides in all matters that are not assigned to others by law, statute or delegation
- Rector recommends the appointment and dismissal of the senior managers (pro-rector and university director) to the Board, and appoints and dismisses the managers of all other main areas, i.e. the dean of each academic main area, a managing director for the Danish Building Research Institute and a head librarian of the university library
- Rector recommends the budget to the University Board and signs the accounts
- Rector determines guidelines for the day-to-day management of the University and stipulates management competence in delegation declarations
- Rector speaks on behalf of the University
- In the absence of the Rector, the Pro-rector will assume all duties and powers of the Rector
- The Pro-rector also assists the Rector in his day-to-day management of AAU, and the Rector may delegate responsibility for specific issues to the Pro-rector
- Consequently, the Pro-rector is the chair of a number of rector’s committees and councils, in agreement with the Rector
The University Director's tasks
- The University Director is responsible for the AAU administration
- The University Director advises the Rector and the University Board on issues pertaining to the administrative operation and development of the University
- The University Director must ensure that the administration operates as a competent service organisation which supports the University management, staff and students, and that the laws, rules and regulatory requirements pertaining to the University are complied with
- In addition to this, the University Director is responsible for the ongoing development of the University's administrative functions and for the competence development of staff