How and when to apply
How to apply
Applications for Master’s programmes must be submitted in the Danish application portal. You need to create a profile in the application portal in order to submit your application(s) for the study programme(s) of your choice.
Guides to the application portal
Download guides to the application portal:
Have you read the guides on this site?
Have you visited the site FAQ?
If you still need help, you are welcome to contact our support unit via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +45 9940 9720
The entire set of documentation must be uploaded to each of your applications. For ease of understanding, please merge each individual document into one file before uploading. If you have transcripts of six pages, please merge them into one file, do not upload them as six different files. This goes for all the application requirements.
Please note: Aalborg University does not accept documents sent by post or email.
If the documents you have uploaded are not sufficient, you will be requested to submit further documentation. Details regarding what you will need to submit and when will be explained in the request for further documentation. A deadline will be given for this.
Please note: If you do not supply the requested documentation within the deadline stated in the message from the case worker, your application cannot be processed and, consequently, the application will be rejected.
Your application must include:
- Diploma and Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree, please upload your transcript).
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses (these must be translated into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian).
- Danish Residence Permit Card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens – who already have a residence permit in Denmark).
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test (see here for English requirements).
- Copy of passport or National ID.
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens).
- Letter of exemption (only relevant for current Bachelor's degree students at Aalborg University, who do not expect to complete a Bachelor’s degree prior to the commencement of the Master’s programme).
Recommended additional documentation
(if required by the individual programme)
If you have access to documentation of the below mentioned type, please provide us with this. And please note that some programmes with restricted admission require specific documentation. It is of great importance that you visit the programme specific website to ensure that you hold and upload the entire documentation required. The programme specific websites can be found here.
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English.
Official explanation of the grading system (only if it is not listed in another uploaded document).
Letter of motivation (applies to programmes with restricted admission and only if it is mentioned at the specific programme website).
CV / Resume (applies to programmes with restricted admission and only if it is mentioned at the specific programme website).
Deadlines for meeting the admission requirements
- If you do not hold a valid Danish residence permit: 1 July (September intake), 1 December (February intake)
- If you do hold a valid Danish residence permit: 1 September (September intake), 1 February (February intake)
September intake: 1 September
February intake: 1 February
Three possible decisions
Applications will be answered with one of the following decisions:
You fulfill all requirements and have been offered a place at Aalborg University.
You do not fulfill the entire admission requirements. You will receive a message in the application portal which outlines the specific conditions you must fulfill and document before you can be fully admitted. The message states a deadline within which you must fulfill and document the admission requirements.
Please note that you cannot study at Aalborg University on a conditional admission. You must be fully admitted in order to initiate your studies, unless if you are admitted on the condition that you complete supplementary courses simultaneously with your studies here (the latter option is only possible for applicants holding an EU-citizenship).
You do not fulfil the admission requirements. It will be specified in the rejection message precisely which criteria you did not fulfil.
When will you be informed of the decision?
No later than
Confirming an offer of enrolment - deadline
You must respond to the offer within the deadline stated in the message in the application portal. The offer can be either unconditional or conditional. Usually you will have only a few days to respond. You must respond to the offer, otherwise you will lose the offer, and the place will be passed on to the next qualified applicant.
Mandatory credit transfer
Pursuant to Danish legislation you are obliged to state and apply for a credit transfer for all passed courses from previously studies at the same level.