CREDIT: 5 ECTS
The aim of this course is to support the participants in acquiring knowledge about learning theories and curriculum models, in order to analyse and reflect on the relationship to own practice. The course also supports the participants in developing a personal teaching portfolio. After completion of this course you should have achieved knowledge and skills enabling you to:
- Explain similarities and differences between a minimum of three different learning theories
- Describe and analyse advantages and disadvantages of these learning theories, specifically in relation to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education
- Discuss and analyse the relationship between a minimum of three curriculum models and the above learning theories
- Reflect on potential use of learning theories and curriculum models in own teaching practice.
CONTENT AND TEACHING FORMAT
- The teaching portfolio
- Learning theories, including active learning and PBL
- Teaching and learning theories in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) education
- Curriculum models
The teaching format is based on self-study, on-line lecturing, facilitating synchronous and asynchronous discussions and sharing of knowledge and experiences.
The course is assessed through an internal oral examination and marked according to Pass/Non-pass. More details about the assessment will be communicated to participants at the start of the course.