Credit: 5 ECTS
The aim of this course is to support the participants in acquiring knowledge about theories of organisational development and theories of management, including evaluation, of educational change in higher education.
After completion of this course you should have achieved knowledge and skills enabling you to:
- After completion of this course you should have achieved knowledge and skills enabling you to:
- Discuss and analyse advantages and disadvantages of management models, particularly in relation to active learning
- Discuss and analyse factors influencing the need for change in educational organisation
- Discuss the role of faculty development in implementation of institutional change
- Discuss and reflect on the consequences of change for the main stakeholders in the change process.
Content and teaching format
- The role of the university as an organisation
- Theories of change management
- Faculty development
The teaching format is based on self-study, on-line lecturing, facilitating synchronous and asynchronous discussions and sharing of knowledge and experiences.
The course is assessed through an internal written examination and marked according to the 7-step scale. The assessment is based on a self-chosen written case study of maximum 10 pages, describing a change process of relevance for your own teaching situation, respectively your own institution and including relevant references. More details about the assessment will be communicated to participants at the start of the course.