Credit: 5 ECTS
The aim of this course is to support the participants in developing skills in using research methods and instruments in engineering education, emphasizing educational evaluation for quality development.
After completion of this course you should have achieved knowledge and skills enabling you to:
- Identify clear research objective(s) and formulate clear research questions in relation to objective(s)
- Discuss and compare quantitative and qualitative research methods and evaluate their relevance in relation to different types of research questions.
- Formulate a strategy for quality development within own institution.
Content and teaching format
- Scientific paradigms and research questions
- Quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research
- Methods and procedures for evaluation.
Quality development for sustainable change
The teaching format is based on self-study, on-line lecturing, sharing of knowledge and experiences facilitating synchronous and asynchronous discussions, on-line workshops, seminars etc.
The course is assessed through an internal, oral or written examination and marked according to Pass/Non-pass.
More details about the assessment will be communicated to participants at the start of the course.
For further description of the examination, please see “The Examination Policies and Procedures, Addendum to the Framework Provisions of the Faculty of Engineering and Science”