CREDIT: 5 ECTS
The aim of this course is to support the participants in developing skills for facilitating students’ collaborative and active learning processes in various teaching situation, in PBL and non-PBL environments. After completion of this course you should have achieved knowledge and skills enabling you to:
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of a minimum of three different teaching methods for active learning
- Discuss and reflect on aspects of importance for the process of role transition from lecturer to facilitator, with reference to your own role as a teacher
- Apply and facilitate at least two different teaching methods for active learning in your own teaching
- Analyse and reflect on the effect of your use of teaching methods for active learning, including your role as facilitator
CONTENT AND TEACHING FORMAT
- Role transition from lecturer to facilitator
- Tools for effective facilitation
- Teaching methods for active learning
The teaching format is based on self-study, on-line lecturing, sharing of knowledge and experiences facilitating synchronous and asynchronous discussions, on-line workshops, seminars etc.
The course is assessed through an internal, oral or written examination and marked according to Pass/Non-pass. More details about the assessment will be communicated to participants at the start of the course.