Degree designation: Master of Science in Engineering
During the Master's programme in Operations and Innovation Management you work with subjects such as strategy, innovation and change processes. You gain a balanced analytical, systemic and managerial insight into subject areas of the programme.
Moreover, you get a chance to build a network industry even before graduation as the programme is characterised by a high degree of collaboration with industrial partners.
THE PROGRAMME AIMS AT PROVIDING THE STUDENTS IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE WITHIN:
- Strategic planning and management
- Innovation and technology management
- Integrated problem solving
- Science technology
- Planning and management of technological and organisational change
- Continuous innovation
- Organisational design
- Enterprise engineering
- Continuous Improvement (CI) project aimed at developing an improved implementation process of CI
- Implementing a self-governing organisation
- Configuration of project portfolios as a means for controlling and improving the performance of internal development projects
- Configuration and management of an international supply chain
- How to manage the fuzzy front end of product innovation
- Organisational and systems support for knowledge sharing in a global perspective
Rated for exellence
Aalborg University is rated for excellence in the QS-ranking system. Aalborg University has received five stars certifying the world-class position of the university based on cutting-edge facilities and internationally renowned research and teaching faculty.
Within Engineering and Technology, Aalborg University ranked as number 76 in 2015/2016.
PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL)
Aalborg University is famous for its problem based learning where you work in a team on a large written assignment often collaborating with an industrial partner. This study method is also called “The Aalborg Model for Problem Based Learning”. The method is highly recognised internationally, and the university is host to a succesful UNESCO chair in Problem Based Learning in Engineering Education and a Centre for PBL and Sustainability approved by UNESCO.
The problem based project work at Aalborg University gives you a unique opportunity to acquire new knowledge and competences at a high academic level in an independent manner. You get to apply theory to practice when you work to solve real-life problems, and you will be well-prepared for your future career.