The AAU Board is the highest authority of Aalborg University. The University Board represents the interests of the University as an institution of education and research and determines guidelines for the organisation, long-term activities and the development of the University.
Other tasks of the AAU Board
Tasks of the Aalborg University Board:
- Approval of the University budget as recommended by the Rector, including the general allocation of university resources and the principles governing the spending of resources. Signing of the accounts.
- Preparation of University regulations and any amendments of these for subsequent approval by the Minister.
- Appointment and dismissal of the University Rector; appointment and dismissal of other senior managers (Pro-rector and University Director) as recommended by the Rector.
- Signing of development contract with the Minister.
- The chairperson of the University Board is authorised to enter into commitments regarding real property together with a member of the University Board.
Composition of the AAU University Board
The University Board consists of 11 members, six of which are from outside of the University. Two board members represent the academic staff, including PhD fellows; one board member represents the support staff; and two board members represent the students. The Rector, the Pro-Rector and the University Director participate as non-voting members (observer status).
The University Board’s term of office is four years. The student representatives of the University Board are elected for one two-year term at a time. Reappointment of external board members may take place once.
You can see the University Board representatives by clicking on the links in the box to the right.