This Bachelor’s programme is designed primarily for those of you who decide to continue your studies on a related Master’s programme.
With a Master’s degree within the field of chemical engineering and biotechnology your future work place may be a consulting engineering company, a production company, a ministry or maybe you would like to become a PhD student at a university or a research institution.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the “real world”.
- design of new materials for medical equipment
- production of solar cells for energy production
- production of enzymes
- reducing air pollution
- securing food quality
- securing clean drinking water
- production of ceramic nanomaterials for e.g. self-cleaning window surfaces
- straw and wood chips conversion to bioethanol and biogas
- testing and chemical analysis in relation to environmental and product control
- gas and oil extraction
- optimising processes on offshore installations
- reducing damage to the environment
- design of new functional, smart and environmentally friendly materials