In order to be taken into consideration for admission for the bachelor's programme in Medialogy at Aalborg University, you need the following qualifications:
Upper secondary school exam, including:
- English B or an acceptable IELTS or TOEFL or Cambridge score
- Mathematics B
Please note that A, B and C refer to the course level - not grades.
NOTE! Starting from 2020 a minimum grade of 7,0 will be required for Mathematics B.
All Medialogy programmes have restricted entry. Consequently, Aalborg University cannot admit all applicants that meet the entry requirements. You can apply in either quota 1, 2 or 3. Quota 2 and quota 3 will consist of 20% of the total amount of study places.
In 2017 AAU offered 99 student places in Aalborg. The grade point average for the admitted applicants was 3,5 or higher (Danish grade scale). In Copenhagen AAU offered 100 student places. The grade point average for the admitted applicants was 5,2 or higher (Danish grade scale). The required grade point average for standby was 3,5 or higher.
If you have a non-Danish degree that may be converted into a Danish GPA (grade points average), your application will also be assessed in Quota 1. For Quota 1 applicants, only the GPA of the upper secondary school certificate is assessed. Applicants are admitted on a competitive basis according to their GPA, so that the applicant with the highest GPA is admitted first and so on until all places are filled. In Quota 1, you can get an Quick Bonus of 1,08. This means that we will multiply your GPA with 1,08, if you apply no later than two years after you have finished your upper secondary Education.
Quota 2 and 3
Qualified applicants in Quota 2 and 3 will be selected through an overall assessment based on:
- Grades in the specific entry requirements, i.e. English B and Mathematics B
- Activities up to a maximum of 12 months and no less than 6 months: Relevant professional full-time (minimum 29.7 hours/week) work experience, and/or relevant education & supplementary courses.
Quota 2 consists of 10% of all available student places and Quota 3 consists of 5% of the available places.
Examples of relevant work experience:
- Primary production of technology or content for media production or media technology companies.
- Primary production, postproduction, or broadcasting in sound, film or animation companies.
- Employment in programming or web programming.
- Employment as interaction designer, product designer or multimedia designer.
Examples of non-relevant work experience:
- Employment as secretary or receptionist, including work for media production companies.
- Employment as nursery assistant or au-pair.
Examples of relevant education:
- Parts of all bachelor (undergraduate) educations in engineering or natural science.
- Parts of Professional bachelor educations in IT with certain contents of mathematics and/or programming.
- Parts of Professional bachelor educations in web development or software development.
- Parts of Humanistic bachelor educations with IT focus.
- Parts of a Computer scientist programme
- Multimedia Designer
Examples of non-relevant education:
- Private drawing- and animation courses
All activities must be documented. Activities up to a maximum of 12 months will be considered. Each activity must have lasted at least six months and amount to 29.7 hours or more per week. If you are in doubt whether your activities will be taken into consideration, we advice that you submit documentation for all your activities, and the Admissions Office will select the activities that serve you the best.
In order to apply for admission, please go to the portal of the Danish Ministry of Education, www.optagelse.dk. Medialogy's admission area no. is:
- Aalborg: 25317
- Copenhagen: 25315
For further information
Information concerning admission requirements in general may be found on the website of the Danish Agency for International Education. On this page you can also find information on whether the level of a foreign certificate meets the general entry requirements.
At www.optagelse.dk you must start your application process by filling in an application form and a priority form. This produces a Signature Page that you must print out, sign and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline for all applicants holding a foreign entry examination
Your Signature page must be received at The Admissions Office before 15 March, 12.00 o'clock. Only the Signature page is proof of you applying for an undergraduate programme. Your application process is not completed until the Signature page is received at The Admissions Office.
Questions regarding admission, entry requirements, application procedure may be directed to:
The Student Guidance Office
DK – 9220 Aalborg East
Telephone: (45) 9940 9440 (weekdays between 12-15)
Fax: (45) 9815 9815
Application fee and Tuition fee
Please note that students from outside the EU/EEA will have to pay application fee and tuition fee. Please go to Finances and Fees for further information.