THE BACHELOR'S PROGRAMME IS NOT OPEN FOR ENROLMENT FROM 2019
This Bachelor’s programme is not open for enrolment from 2019, but you might be interested in other AAU programmes within the same field of study, such as:
- Biotechnology (Aalborg, taught in Danish)
- Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (Esbjerg, taught in English)
Currently enrolled students continue the programme as planned. Likewise, currently enrolled students have access to the Master's programme in Sustainable Biotechnology as planned.
Job and career
This Bachelor’s programme is designed primarily for those of you who decide to continue your studies on a related Master’s programme.
With a Master's degree within the field of sustainable biotechnology, you qualify for employment in biotechnological and bioenergy companies, research institutions, consulting engineering companies, and public institutions. Your jobtitle can be for example environmental consultant, environmental coordinator or environmental advisor. You can be a part of the necessary transition from a society based on fossil resources to a society based on sustainability.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the “real world”.
You can work with for example:
- Environmental analysis
- Planning new sustainable initiatives
- Developing sustainable fuels
- Plans of action to improve the environment
- Purification of molecules from dairy products
- Purification of enzymes from fermentation fluids
- Upscaling microbial production processes
- Medicine and drug quality control
- Research e.g. as a PhD student