CIS is a course in privacy, personal data protection and compliance ('Cyber Security law') and how to respond to cyber-attacks ('Cybercrimes'). The main objective of this course is to give the participants a set of tools to comply with the law and act upon it in the right way, for the right reasons and at the right time. This course is highly relevant for managers as well as employees who are processing personal data for private or public purposes. Topics include:
- The main themes of the Regulation for companies and public authorities (Scope of the data protection law)
- Protection of the individuals (Principles and rights of the data subject)
- Processing of personal data by cloud computing, outsourcing or other third-party data transferals (the challenges of third-party data protection)
- What should managers and CIOs do now (best practice and standards)?
- The DPO (Data Protection Officer) role and duties?
- Reporting obligations and security plans
- What is Privacy by Design or Default IT Projects?
- Privacy accountability framework
- Managing security breach and cyber attacks (Data breach notification).
Admission procedures requirements for individual courses follows the mICT specialization for Cyber and Information Security procedure and requirements. See here https://www.en.aau.dk/education/apply/master/admission-requirements/#293809