What is Impact Entrepreneurship and Sustainability (IE&S)?
Impact Entrepreneurship and Sustainability is a cross-disciplinary entrepreneurship 30 ECTS course open to 9th semester students. The elective is a specialised track within the New Venture Creation course and equips enrolled students with an entrepreneurial skillset, opportunistic networking and fosters impactful innovation and sustainable business development.
The course is aimed at all would-be change agents, environmental innovators, sustainability consultants, and students interested in generating social and environmental gains for the society.
The course is designed as a combination of lectures and team-based activities, where you will be working full time to solve real-life sustainability problem - either from an existing company or in your own sustainable startup.
When developing new impactful business activities for an established company, you will be going through an entrepreneurial process. To facilitate the business development part of the course, we employ a theoretical framework and business development guidance to support and raise the prospects of success. Hence, the fundamental components of starting your own company or venturing a business within an existing company will be taught, but more importantly, you will gain a hands-on experience in entrepreneurship aimed at having a positive impact.
At IE&S you will:
- Get 30 ECTS for making societal impact
- Learn entrepreneurship through entrepreneurship (learning by doing)
- Become an impact entrepreneur, yet sill graduate as a specialist in your own domian
- Action-based and team-oriented semester program where you will be working full time to solve real-life sustaiability problems following a structure process
- Receive support, guidance and professional sparring in the development and growth of a new business model for your own sustainable startup or in collaboration with an existing company
- Join an entrepreneurial hub and experience a stimulating environment offering real-life experience, networking and the framework to develop an impactful and sustainable business model
- Get the newest knowledge on sustainability in business so that you can become an agent of change in your future career
A new special track of the New Venture Creation and Corporate Entrepreneurship course
- Support, guidance and professional sparring in developing and growing a new business idea / start-up
- Introduced to an entrepreneurial hub and experience a stimulating environment, which offers real-life experience, networking and the framework to develop a successful start-up
- Approximately 25% of the projects are becoming a part of the case company
Application and requirements
|Course ECTS||30 ECTS|
|Field of study||Business and Entrepreneurship|