The Master's programme in Sustainable Biotechnology qualifies you for employment within a number of fields, where the transition to sustainable technologies and resources has been initiated or will be initiated. You will also be prepared to work within general biotechnological disciplines.
Graduates find employment in biotechnological and bioenergy companies, research institutions, engineering consultancies and public institutions.
Furthermore, it is anticipated that the biomass-based and biological sectors will expand significantly in the coming years, leading to new job opportunities.
During the study programme, you have worked with the PBL method, which has given you useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often important to succeed in a job.
Your job tasks may include:
- Environmental analysis
- Planning new green initiatives
- Plans of action in relation to improving the environment
- Development of new green fuels
- Purification of molecules from dairy products
- Purification of enzymes from fermented fluids
- Upscaling microbial production processes
- Quality control of e.g. medicine or food