Sustainable Energy engineers with the specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems have a wide range of job opportunities. You will be able to work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the "real world".
Examples of possible employers:
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and Ørsted
- Offshore energy companies such as Mærsk Olie og Gas AS, Offshore Center Danmark, Ramboll Oil & Gas AS, Semco Marinetime AS
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy systems such as Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Siemens Wind Power A/S, KK Wind Solutions
- Consultancies involved in energy technology and systems.
Your work tasks may include:
- Integration of wind turbines
- Operation of wind turbines
- Offshore energy systems
- Development of underwater robots
- Offshore oil and gas exploration and production
- Offshore surveillance and control drones for energy systems
- Hydraulic wave energy systems
- Energy distribution to the general population
- Energy optimisation of apparatus, systems and households
- Development of new energy technologies and systems
- Analysing new energy technologies
- Researching energy resources
- Assessing the sustainability of different forms of energy
- Energy efficiency in the production and consumption of energy.