The admission requirement for the master's degree programme in Tourism is a completed relevant bachelor's degree. A bachelor’s degree is considered relevant when its central subject areas provide students with competences corresponding to a minimum of 45 ECTS credits within subject areas which are relevant for one or a number of the subject areas of the Tourism programme: Consumption Studies, Market Communication, Organisation and Management, Culture Studies, Intercultural Studies, Innovation Studies, Business Development and Policy Studies.
In addition, documented experience in the relevant methodologies of the humanities or social sciences is required. Qualitative methods, Philosophy of Science and problem based learning (PBL) are considered particularly relevant.
The programme is offered in English, and a minimum of B-level English language proficiency is required.
Bachelor’s degrees from Aalborg university which qualify students for direct admission
- A bachelor's degree in Language and International Studies, Spanish, from Aalborg University qualifies students for direct admission to the master's degree programme in Tourism at campus Aalborg.
Applicants without legal right of admission
- Bachelor degree in Spanish Language and International Studies from Aalborg University
- Bachelor degree in English Language and Internaitonal Studies from Aalborg University
- Bachelor degree in International Business Communication from Aalborg University
- Bachelor degree in History from Aarhus University
- Bachelor degree in Globalisation and Cultural Identity from Aarhus University
- Bachelor degree in History from Aalborg University
- Bachelor degree in Geography from Aalborg University.
Other related degree programmes may qualify for admission to the programme; this is assessed on the basis of the admission requirements in force.
If you do not meet the admission requirements
For further information, please see the curriculum:
Curriculum Tourism Campus Copenhagen
The study board does not pre-assess the basis for admission. This means that academic assessments are carried out only when an application for admission is submitted within the prescribed deadline.
AAU has introduced restricted admission to the master’s degree programme in Tourism in Aalborg and Copenhagen. Thus, not all applicants who apply for admission within the prescribed deadline and meet the admission requirements are guaranteed admission to the programme.
In 2020 AAU expects to offer 25 student places in Aalborg and 54 student places in Copenhagen.
Prioritisation of the qualified applicants will take place on the basis of the following criteria:
- The number of obtained ECTS credits exceeding the minimum requirement of 45 ECTS credits obtained within relevant subject areas (Consumption Studies, Market Communication, Organisation and Management, Cultural Studies, Intercultural Studies, Innovation Studies, Business Development and Policy Studies)
- The grade point average of the ECTS credits obtained in the qualifying bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- The applicant’s motivation for applying for admission to the master’s degree programme, including the applicant’s objectives for applying and their knowledge of the programme. The motivational text must be in English and must not exceed one page.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the student counsellor affiliated with the study programme. You will find relevant contact information online under the heading "Contact and Student Guidance".
For further information about admission requirements, deadlines, fees, etc., please follow this link: https://www.en.aau.dk/education/apply/master/