During the 3rd semester of the Master's Programme, you will accomplish one semester (30 ECTS) as an internship or study at another university that offers tourism at postgraduate level. The internship is undertaken either in Denmark or abroad and lasts for 3-5 months. As an integral part of an organisation, you will be working with strategic and analytical tasks that are relevant to international tourism - for instance creation of tourism policy, branding policy or sustainable development.
For students who have chosen the full specialisation in Global Tourism Development, the internship must be chosen within this area.
If you choose to study at another university instead of the internship, you can supplement your existing knowledge within tourism with new knowledge that is not offered at Aalborg University - for instance courses focusing on the economics of tourism or service management.
Examples of internship placements
- UNESCO, Bangkok, Thailand
- Destination East Greenland
- Visit Denmark's offices in the USA, Australia, Germany, Britain and Denmark
- Green Globe, Australia
- Greenheart Conservation Company, Canada
- Comwell Hotel, Copenhagen
- Givskud Zoo, Central Jutland
- Faarup Aquapark and Amusement Park, North Jutland.