To enrol on the programme you are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geography or Natural Science. In order to attend the programme, you have three possibilities:
- A one-semester guest study with focus on the corporate and/or the regional perspective
- A two-semester guest study including national and global energy
- The full two-year Master’s programme in Sustainable Energy Planning and Management
During the first semester, all students concentrate on courses and projects related to energy planning from a company's perspective. For students who choose to do a second semester, projects focus on energy planning from an institutional and societal perspective. If you complete the full Master's programme, the studies continue with an internship on the 3rd semester and a Master's thesis on the 4th semester.
You can study as a guest student on the first and/or second semester or as a master student following the entire two-year degree programme.
Students seeking to enrol in the programme are required to have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering, geography or natural sciences
- A reasonable amount of energy content in the bachelor’s programme
- Comply with the English requirements listed below
- We require a reasonable level for your bachelor's degree - typically upper second class, for countries using this system
- All applications are evaluated individually
Deadlines for application
For the master's programme we only have a September intake. Students seeking admission to the entire master's programme and students seeking admission to the autumn semester as a guest semester have the following deadline:
- March 1
Students applying for the spring semester as a guest semester:
- October 1
Applicants from AAU
If you are already enrolled at AAU, you can find information about admission to a master programme on the homepage of your faculty.
For further information regarding deadlines and requirements please see the website How to apply to Aalborg University