Students who have graduated in the field of Urban Planning and Management at Aalborg University can seek employment within a broad and diverse range of fields ranging from private consulting firms, over local, regional and national administrations to research institutions throughout the world.
The unique interdisciplinary approach of the Masters programme, where engineering and social science theories and methodologies are combined and fused, offer our students a state-of-the-art solution oriented approach to the ever-changing and complex world of urban problems and challenges. The Masters Programme gives our graduates the necessary skills and competences to apply for and manage a wide range of different jobs – on a national as well as international level.
These include among others:
- Consultant in major international consulting companies
- Urban planner and consultant in leading national and regional consulting firms
- Planning consultants for NGO’s throughout the world
- Urban planner for regional authorities
- Urban planner for municipalities and local authorities
- Advisory positions at a ministerial level
- Research and teaching positions at university level.