At the 3rd semester of the M.Sc. programme in Urban Planning and Management at Aalborg University there are good possibilities of internship – in Denmark or abroad. You can work in an enterprise, a public institution or a NGO.
An Internship provide you with an opportunity to apply the theoretical insight and the methodological knowledge obtained during the 1st and 2nd semesters to a real life situation in a Danish or international setting.
The choice of internship is made on the basis of your interests. During the internship, you participate in the activities of an organisation and collect information for the project report. The project report is expected to have both a theoretical and empirical part relating to the actual experience of the internship.
Examples of internships abroad
- Melbourne, Australia: Planning of "gated communities" and shopping centres
- Manukau City Council, New Zealand: Cultural heritage and planning in connection with urban planning in a municipality.
Examples of internships in Denmark
- Green environment - Carl Bro, the Municipalities of Århus and Randers: Urban transformation of an old industrial area in Randers
- The Northern Jutland Transport Company, Aalborg: Planning of public transport
- The Municipality of Morsø: Strategy on heritage environments and urban planning as well as strategy for the future planning of the municipality.
You can also choose to go on an exchange stay at a university abroad.
EXAMPLE OF STUDY STAYS ABROAD
- University of Iceland, Reykjavik
- Sheffield University, England
- University of Melbourne, Australien
- Delft University, Holland
- University of Washington, Seattle, USA