Are you just about to start your master's thesis? Skrivehjælpen at Aalborg University gives you 10 pieces of good advice that will help you get a good start to writing a good thesis.
- Write about something you are passionate about. It keeps you motivated.
- Start at the beginning, even when you don’t know much about the subject yet.
- Read targeted. You don’t want to loose your focus and fly off on a tangent
- Writing a thesis is a fulltime job. You need to work for 8 hours a day and only then can you enjoy your time off without feeling bad.
- If you write alone find someone to help read your text and keep you going
- There are many “how to write”-books. Don’t let them be another replacement activity
- Replace your supervisor if you don’t cooperate well
- Reward yourself for a day's work accomplished, and jump back on the horse when the work day has been unsatisfactory
- Get help from your studysecretary if you end up having huge problems finishing your final thesis
- Get started – every day
Been at it for too long?
Maybe you are already writing, and feeling stuck. Skrivehjælpen may be able to help you, too.