CMI CONFERENCE: CRITICAL ICT INFRASTRUCTURES AND PLATFORMS
ICT infrastructures and platforms are increasingly pervasive and critical for societies, systems and organizations and for individuals. It is, therefore, of great importance that efficient and resilient infrastructures are developed and deployed and that disruptions of services caused by either cyber-attacks or other interruptions of services are mitigated. Also, as digital platforms constitute crucial communication infrastructures for societies, it is important that such platforms contribute to democratic processes and economic and social fairness.
25.11.2021 kl. 09.00 - 26.11.2021 kl. 17.00
The 14th CMI conference will be concerned with these topics from different complementary angles: The development and deployment of fast and efficient communication infrastructures including cloud and edge technologies; resilience of ICT systems in order to increase cyber security and mitigate cyber-attacks; institution of social practices and governance approaches that will promote democratic discussions and processes, contribute to economic and social development, equity and fairness, and protect privacy.
The conference focuses primarily on ICT infrastructures and platforms, but as ICT systems increasingly constitute essential foundations for other critical infrastructures such as energy, transportation, public administration, etc. papers on the relationships between ICT infrastructures and critical infrastructures in general will be most welcome. Technical papers as well as papers examining ICT infrastructures and platforms from social science and humanities perspectives are solicited. Furthermore, papers can be oriented towards theory development as well as empirically based analyses. The conference welcomes papers on research that has been concluded and work-in-progress.
Participants in the 14th CMI conference will be researchers from academia and other research institutions, industry players, and people working with policy development and regulation. Students are also very welcome.
Papers are invited in the following (not exclusive) tracks/topics:
WIRELESS COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for wireless communication systems
- Massive machine-type communications (mMTC)
- IoT for smart manufacturing (industry 4.0)
- Underwater and underground sensor and IoT networks
- Wireless networking for autonomous vehicles in smart cities
- Age of information in real-time systems and networks
- Cyber security of cyber physical systems and industrial control systems
- IT and IoT security
- Critical infrastructures under cyberwarfare, cyberterrorism and nation-stated attacks
- Artificial intelligence for the protection of critical infrastructure
- Security architectures and secure modelling
- Security governance, risk analysis and management, security awareness of critical infrastructures
- Safety and security of critical infrastructures
- Digital twins, cyber ranges and cyber security training
- Critical infrastructures
- Public safety and emergency communications
- Governance of critical infrastructures
- Big Tech economics and regulation
- Data protection and privacy
- Smart cities
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- AI and work
- AI and media developments
- Business models
Prospective authors are invited to submit original, unpublished work in any of the topics or related topics. All types of contributions whether academic papers, industrial research, case studies, implementation reviews, etc. are welcome. Selection of the papers to be presented at the conference will be based on abstracts and will be double-blind. If full papers are available already at the abstract deadline, please submit the full paper. Following approval of abstracts, full papers to be presented at the conference have to be submitted at the subsequent full papers deadline.
Among the papers presented at the conference, selected papers will be submitted for inclusion to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library or will be published in a special issue of the Nordic Baltic Journal of ICT (Electronic publication, ISBN 1902-0988 - find information on NBICT here: http://riverpublishers.com/journal.php?j=NBJICT/2014/1/jdes). Selected papers concerned with information and communication technology developments will be submitted for inclusion to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Other selected papers will be published in the Nordic Baltic Journal of ICT.
All conference papers and presentations will be uploaded to a repository and shared with all registered conference participants.
2ND WORKSHOP ON STATE OF KNOWLEDGE IN CYBER-SECURITY (SOKCS 2021)
CO-LOCATED WITH THE CMI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2021
The workshop on State of Knowledge in Cyber-Security is intended for the students of the Master's program in cyber-security (Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
SoKCS is interested in all cutting-edge fields of cyber-security. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- IoT security
- Hacking techniques
- Offensive cybersecurity
- Blockchain security
- Economic aspects of cybersecurity
- AI and cybersecurity
- Adversarial machine learning attacks
- Moving target defense
- Attacker deception techniques
- Ethical issues of cybersecurity
- Exploit development
- Applied security
- Gamification of cyber-security
The conference is free of charge for the students.
Submissions must be original, unpublished in any of the above-mentioned topics or closely related topics. All types of topics are welcome as long as they fit in the cyber-security field.
Papers (4-6 pages) will be peer-reviewed. We have adopted the IEEE publication format. Submissions should be in English, in PDF format with all fonts embedded, formatted using the IEEE conference template, found here: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
The submission of abstracts, papers must be done via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sokcs2021
- September 20, 2021: Extended abstract (app. 1.5 pages)
- October 1, 2021: Notification on acceptance
- November 1, 2021: Full paper
- November 25-26, 2021: Presentation at the conference
- November 30, 2021: Notification of selection of papers for publication
- December 6, 2021: Submission of camera-ready versions of selected papers
Please submit your abstract to the Easychair submission link.
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Anders Henten (chairman)
Hossam Farag (Publication chair)
CMI, Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark