PhD course: Numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters
The main objective of this course is to train each participant to the numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters (WECs).
09.09.2019 kl. 09.30 - 20.09.2019 kl. 12.30
The following topics will be taught:
- The State of the Art of wave energy conver-sion techniques
- The State of the Art of numerical modelling of WECs, the limitations and the alternative nu-merical approaches
- The State of the Art of experimental model-ling of WECs, the limitations
- The State of the Art of control of WECs
By the end of the course, the participants will have carried out the following tasks:
- Wave measurement and generation in wave tank
- Numerical investigation of the performance of a WEC
- Experimental investigation of the perfor-mance of a WEC with and without control
The course is arranged jointly by the Doctoral School of Environment Design and Innovation at University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”,CNR-INM and CoNISMa.
The course will be held in Rome at CNR-INM 9-20 Sept. 2019 (the week after the EWTEC 2019 conference in Naples)