ViLD Annual Meeting 2019: Visuality Technology Learning
In light of increasing digitalization worldwide and locally, we must respond to technology’s powerful influence in society. Accordingly, ViLD is keen to explore the relation between visuality and technology in education and in different learning practices.
14.11.2019 kl. 09.00 - 16.00
With this year’s programme we invite you to engage in a 'visual take' on questions, potentials and challenges in relation to technology and learning. We offer the framework for a meeting between different professionals and researchers who share a common interest in exploring the potentials of visual knowledge generation.
In light of increasing digitalization worldwide and locally, we must respond to technology’s powerful influence in society. Accordingly, ViLD is keen to explore the relation between visuality and technology in education and in different learning practices:
- What role does visuality play in the new Danish school subject Technological Understanding and how about technological understanding in Visual arts education?
- How do we deal with matters of visuality in digitalization of youth- and further education?
- How is the development of computational thinking informed by insights from visuality?
- Do the so-called STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) disciplines need the arts - to add the ‘a’ in STEM and thereby become STEAM?
- Can contemporary art and visual culture teach us new approaches to work with and understand technology or is it technology that change artistic work fundamentally?
- Does technology promote creativity or do we need to stimulate creativity in order to deal with technological and human entanglement?
9.00-9.30: Arrival and coffee
9.30 - 9.35: Welcome. ViLD partner Morten Thorning, TAW
9.35 - 9.45: Introductory thoughts on Technological Understanding and visual practices. Director of ViLD, Mie Buhl, Aalborg University
9.45 - 10.05: How to be ViLD - pitches of projects going on in partner institutions (5 min)
10.05 - 10.20: Coffee
10.20 - 12.00: Workshops
12.00 - 13.00: Lunch
13.00 - 14.30 Workshops
14.30 - 14.45: Coffee
14.45 - 15.30: Keynote - TBA
15.30 - 16.00: Panel
16.00: Goodbye and see you next year
16.05-17.30: Afterevent and networking
- Workshop 1: Virtual Reality – new visual learning modes using technology /TAW
- Workshop 2: Film literacy – learning trough producing in and across disciplines /TAW
- Workshop 3: Computational thinking utilizing visual arts or the other way around /AAU, KP, UCL
- Workshop 4: Developing a new visual language using GLYPH Drawing Club/ KDAK
Before Nov. 1st
Fee: 250,00 Dkr
The conference is easy to access by car, train or plane. For those who travel from Copenhagen and wish to go by plane, we have organized the programme according to the following time schedule:
Copenhagen – TAW - Copenhagen:
Out: Flight from Cph airport 7.25 with arrival in Karup airport 8.15. Airshuttle from airport to conference for conference participants (free) with arrival at The Animation Workshop 8.50.
Home: Airshuttle from conference to airport (free). Departure from The Animation Workshop 17.30 Flight from Karup 19.00 with arrival in Copenhagen airport 19.50
VILD - Visual Studies and Learning Design
The Animation Workshop (TAW), Kasernevej, 8800 Viborg, Poul Gernes Salen
01.11.2019 kl. 12.00