The specialisation in Process Engineering and Combustion Technology (PECT) primarily focuses on advanced competences in combustion technology, bio energy systems, fluid mechanics and flow systems, including CFD and multiphase flows. The programme covers energy systems modelling, control and diagnostic of these systems.
The study programme is multidisciplinary and covers the integration of general engineering disciplines, such as thermal systems, fluid- and aerodynamics, control engineering and electrical engineering.
Teaching takes place in an innovative and dynamic environment. You will experiences courses, problem based project work and a high degree of interaction with industrial partners and energy supply companies. Companies play an active part in the project work, and they provide guest lecturers and arrange company visits for students. All of this provides you with an excellent opportunity to build a network in the industrial world before graduation.
content of the Study Programme
The objectives of the Process Engineering and Combustion Technology MSc syllabus are:
- General understanding of the design, modelling and optimisation of combustion energy systems used in various energy production applications
- Understanding of the detailed operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of key combustion and bio energy conversion technologies
- Detailed insight into systems integration with respect to both systems efficiency and control engineering aspects of energy systems
- Development, construction and operation of combustion energy conversion technologies and bio energy systems in laboratory and in real applications
- Insight into the topics related to the practical realisation and implementation of thermal energy technologies and systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations
You will study topics like
- How to design efficient combustion systems for advanced biofuels
- How to optimize heat transfer surfaces and minimize operational problems such as fouling
- How to design efficient flue gas cleaning systems for plants operating on complex fuels
RATED FOR EXCELLENCE
Aalborg University is rated for excellence in the QS-ranking system. Aalborg University has received five stars certifying the world-class position of the university based on cutting-edge facilities and internationally renowned research and teaching faculty.
Within Engineering and Technology, Aalborg University ranked as number 76 in 2015/2016.
PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL)
Aalborg University is famous for its problem based learning, where you work in a team on a large written assignment often collaborating with an industrial partner. This study method is also called “The Aalborg Model for Problem Based Learning”. The method is highly recognised internationally, and the university is host to a succesful UNESCO chair in Problem Based Learning in Engineering Education and a Centre for PBL and Sustainability approved by UNESCO.
The problem based project work at Aalborg University gives you a unique opportunity to acquire new knowledge and competences at a high academic level in an independent manner. You get to apply theory to practice when you work to solve real-life problems, and you will be well-prepared for your future career.