About PhD studies at AAU
The three-year doctoral degree programme (PhD) at Aalborg University comprises elements that must all be completed for a degree to be awarded. The programme is equivalent to 180 ECTS and is generally planned as a full-time programme.
PhD Studies at Aalborg University
Admission to a PhD program
All PhD positions at Aalborg University require that candidates have acquired a Danish five-year Master’s degree or have completed another similar programme.
AAU PhD handles the PhD administration at Aalborg University for the 4 PhD schools.
This includes the following tasks:
- Daily operations related to PhD students
- Advertising scholarships and processing applications
- Enrollment of PhD students
- Administration of course activities
- Awarding PhD degrees
- Managing doctoral dissertations
- Statistical reports to Statistics Denmark
- Resource management
- Secretariat for the PhD committees at the 5 PhD schools
Tel.: (+45) 9940 9638
Niels Jernes Vej 10
9220 Aalborg East