SCImago Institutions Rankings include research institutions (not just universities) from the whole world and measure the quality of their scientific work from the past five years.
- The number of publications published in scientific journals
- Number of publications published in the 25 per cent most influential journals
- The frequency of citations by others
- The number of publications that have been made in collaboration with foreign research institutions.
- The research institutions’ degree of specialization
- To what extent the publications of the research institution are among the 10 per cent most cited publications in their respective field of study.
The data is collected from the Scopus database.
It is important to emphasize that the list should not be perceived as a league table, but as a list that research institutions can use to analyse, evaluate and improve their research results. The research institutions are merely ranked according to the number of published publications. Other indicators are not included in the ranking.