As a company, you have the opportunity to cooperate with Aalborg University (AAU) students. Through activities such as project collaboration, internships, student jobs and workshops, students can bring new knowledge to your business and help you to solve different types of tasks.
Cooperate with students at AAU
A good way to begin cooperating with AAU
If you are interested in a cooperating with Aalborg University, for instance in research and development, but you lack resources, a collaboration with AAU students is a good way to start.
Aalborg University students have high disciplinary expertise in their subjects, as well as a wide range of general competencies related to group work and project work. They are therefore equipped to undertake a wide variety of tasks in your business.
Enter into a project collaboration with AAU students
Each semester, several thousand AAU students collaborate with companies on projects. Students are given your case, and, as the project partner, you are given a potential solution to a given problem in your company.
Project collaboration with AAU students will give you:
- the opportunity to give your company extra resources to solve tasks
- fresh input regarding current challenges or future projects with potential
- access to the latest specialised knowledge in a wide range of areas
The cost of project collaboration
Businesses which cooperate with AAU students on projects usually cover the students' costs, including, for instance, expenses for transportation, telephone, copying and postage. Beyond that, however, it costs you nothing except the time spent in cooperating, for instance in briefing the students on the task.
How to do it...
If your company is facing a specific issue that you want AAU students to examine, you can place a free entry in the AAU Job-bank, where it can be seen by all AAU students. You fill out the entry in five steps.
Receive a visit from AAU students and graduates
If your company is located in Denmark, you can receive a visit from AAU students. This is a unique opportunity if you are interested in cooperating with students doing internships, projects or thesis work or if you are looking for potential future employees or a student assistant. Try them.
The visit can last from a half to a full day and will provide you with a number of opportunities, for instance
- to quickly make a good impression either on a broad cross-section of AAU students or on students from a specific study programme in which you are interested
- to talk with the students in greater depth
- to increase the student's knowledge of your business and its development areas
How to do it ...
If you would like AAU students and graduates to visit you or you would like to hear more about the option, please feel free to contact:
Tel.: +45 9940 7447
Take part in a creative workshop with AAU students
If your business is located in the North Denmark Region, you have the opportunity to participate in the Aalborg University Solution Camp, which is a workshop where AAU students come up with new concepts and products and suggest fast and innovative solutions to tasks or challenges facing your business.
Benefits of participating in the AAU Solution Camp
If you and your company have not previously cooperated with AAU, participation in a Solution Camp is an obvious way to begin. Participating in a Solution Camp will give you:
- the opportunity to get a new angle on an issue/concept in your business
- concrete interdisciplinary solutions and concepts or products that you can continue to work on
- access to new knowledge via students at Aalborg University
- skills acquisition for the employees from your company who participate
- the opportunity to evaluate AAU students with a view to recruiting potential new employees
How to do it ...
If you want to know more about the AAU Solution Camp, you are welcome to contact:
The AAU Matchmaking Secretariat
Tel.: +45 9940 7376
Find your new employee
If your company is located in Denmark, you can hire a student from AAU as a student worker. This will allow you to deal with tasks which have been set aside due to lack of time or financial resources.
You can also employ a graduate student from the AAU and benefit from the skills and experience that he or she has acquired through activities such as problem based project work (PBL) and collaboration with the business community.
If you would like to learn more about how to get involved in project or internship collaboration with AAU students or are interested in AAU students visiting you, you are welcome to contact:
Tel.: +45 9940 7447
Take on an AAU student intern
Aalborg University can provide you and your company with a student on internship for a period of three to six months. The student will be able to look at your business with new eyes and with disciplinary competence and:
- be an additional resource in solving the tasks for which there may not normally be time
- assist in the planning and implementation of large or small projects
- carry out evaluations and analyses
- work independently and in teams
- analyse issues and work on them in local, national and international contexts
How to do it ...
If you want to take on an AAU student intern, it is free to place an entry in the AAU Jobbank, where it will be visible to all AAU students. You fill out the entry in five steps.