Get an AAU student intern
Practicing professionalism is part of AAU students' core DNA. You can benefit from the professionalism and competencies by entering into an internship with one or more of our students.
On this page, you will find:
- Knowledge about the scope
- A timeline for the process
- Templates for collaboration agreements
- A guide to writing internship advertisements
- Information about AAU Jobbank, where you can post your internship advertisement for free
Benefits of getting an AAU student on an internship
At AAU, the internship period is relatively late in the students' education. It is therefore a professionally competent partner that you and your company have for a period of 3-6 months.
As an intern in your company, the student becomes part of both everyday life and development.
It starts with a problem
AAU's students possess a high academic level, and basically only the imagination sets limits to what tasks they will be able to solve in your company.
Common to all AAU students is that they are used to identify and solving issues and tasks. This means that you do not necessarily need anything other than a problem or challenge to be solved before an AAU intern could be relevant to your business.
Facts about internships (project-oriented course)
- The internship is typically in the 9th semester - i.e. in the autumn.
- An internship typically lasts 3 - 6 months.
- The trainee usually works 37 hours per week, but it can also be relevant with, e.g., a weekly day off to write an internship assignment.
- The focus that the student must have in the internship must be related to their education.
- Most AAU programmes have internships - we can help you find out which studies are relevant to you.
- It is not possible to give the student a salary, but it is good practice to cover any expenses in connection with the internship - e.g. transport or rent. It is possible to subsequently give a gratuity - read more at SKAT (in Danish).
- We recommend posting internship advertisements at AAU Jobbank in early spring.
Indicative timeline for an internship (project-oriented course) with an AAU-student:
Tips for a good project oriented course (internship)
What does it take to have an intern?
You and the student/students together agree on the detailed tasks, circumstances and goals of the collaboration. It is important to align expectations in relation to tasks, learning goals, benefits, duration, working hours, etc.
An AAU intern does not cost any salary, but it is not "free" to have an intern.
- Make sure that the intern has a contact person in the company who can be a close partner during the internship period.
- Be prepared for the fact that having an intern requires energy and time.
- Provide a workplace and the necessary equipment.
- Involve the intern in the community with the employees.
Remember to inform the intern about insurance conditions - do you have insurance that covers if an accident should occur?
How to write
a good internship advertisement
When you are looking for an intern, the chance of success is bigger if the job ad is concrete, so that it is easy for the student to understand. We therefore recommend that you include information on all 6 points below.
In order to increase the readability of the job ad, it is also a good idea to divide the text into sections with space between them and insert sub-headings for each section.
Sign up as a potential student collaboration partner
If you would like to collaborate with AAU's students, but perhaps do not have a current need, sign up on our list for student collaboration. We will then reach out to you when we have relevant opportunities for you.