How and when to apply
How to apply
Applications for Master’s programmes must be submitted in the Danish application portal. You need to create a profile in the application portal in order to submit your application(s) for the study programme(s) of your choice.
The entire set of documentation must be uploaded to each of your applications. For ease of understanding, please merge each individual document into one file before uploading. For instance - If you have transcripts of six pages, please merge them into one file, do not upload them as six different files. This goes for all the application requirements.
Please note: Aalborg University does not accept documents sent by post or email.
If the documents you have uploaded are not sufficient, you will be requested to submit further documentation. We will give you a detailed explanation of extra documentation we need from you and give you a deadline for uploading it to us.
- Diploma and Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree, please upload your transcript) (translated into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian)
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses (translated into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian)
- Danish Residence Permit Card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens – who already have a residence permit in Denmark)
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test. Please note that applicants attending or holding a Professional Bachleor’s degree taught in English are not exempted from submitting an English test. (see here for English requirements)
- Copy of valid passport or European National ID (must be valid at the time of study start)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
Letter of motivation
CV / Resume
Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English (if available)
Offcial description of the grading system from your home university (if available) (only applies to non-EU citizens)
Letter of exemption (only relevant for current Bachelor's degree students at Aalborg University, who do not expect to complete a Bachelor’s degree prior to the commencement of the Master’s programme)
If you are applying for Entrepreneurial Engineering or Operations and Innovation Management, MSC in Technology in Copenhagen, you must also prove your level of Mathematics. In order to do so, please upload:
- Upper Secondary School diploma
- Verification form (not needed if a C-level or higher in mathematics was an admission requirement for your bachelor from a Danish institution)
Deadlines for meeting the admission requirements
- If you do not hold a valid Danish residence permit: 17 June (September intake), 19 November (February intake)
- If you hold a valid Danish residence permit: 1 September (September intake), 1 February (February intake)
September intake: 1 September
February intake: 1 February
Three possible decisions
We will answer your application with one of the followiing decisions:
You fulfill all requirements and have been offered a place at Aalborg University.
You do not fulfill the entire admission requirements. You will receive a message in the application portal which outlines the specific conditions you must fulfill and document before you can be fully admitted. The message states a deadline within which you must fulfill and document the admission requirements.
Please note that you cannot study at Aalborg University on a conditional admission. You must be fully admitted in order to initiate your studies, unless you are admitted on the condition that you complete supplementary courses simultaneously with your studies here. The latter option is only possible for applicants holding an EU-citizenship.
You do not fulfil the admission requirements. It will be specified in the rejection message precisely which criteria you did not fulfil.
When will you be informed of the decision?
No later than
Confirming an offer of enrolment - deadline
You must respond to the offer within the deadline stated in the message in the application portal. The offer can be either unconditional or conditional. Usually you will have only a few days to respond. You must respond to the offer, otherwise you will lose the offer, and the place will be passed on to the next qualified applicant.
Mandatory credit transfer
You are obliged under Danish legislation to state and apply for a credit transfer for all passed courses from previously studies at the same level.
Application deadline September intake:
1 March 2018
Answer to your application
No later than 10 June
Non-EU documentation/payment deadline
Accept/decline study place
Availble study place announced
questions about the application procedure?
We have gathered some of the frequently asked questions about the application procedure.