become part of the future team of engineers
By studying Energy Engineering at Aalborg University in Denmark, you can become part of the future team of engineers who are going to ensure our environment and our climate through the use of alternative sources of energy which do not pollute, and at the same time optimise the energy system and efficient apparatus, so that we save energy.
You can choose between the following Master of Science (MSc) specialisations:
- Electrical Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Technology
- Mechatronic Control Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Thermal Energy and Process Engineering
- Wind Power Systems
All specialisations are founded in research-based teaching, applying the latest technologies. You will work by means of Problem Based Learning solving a real-life problem together with fellow students.
Meet students from the programme
Why choose Aalborg University?
- Problem based and project oriented work
- Project time covers 50 % of the total number of ECTS of the semester
- Multi-disciplinary project work in order to solve the specific problems of the project
- Study groups of 2 to 7 students
- Each project group is allocated a study group room
- The study group room is equipped with internet and software license access, printer facilities, etc.
- Study group rooms are located in the same buildings as the teachers’ offices
- 24-hour-access to the study group rooms
- Research-based teaching provided by the Department of Energy Technology a.o.
- Insight in the newest technologies - still in the development phase
- Frequent cooperation with researchers and companies
Rated for exellence
Aalborg University is rated for excellence in the QS-ranking system. Aalborg University has received five stars certifying the world-class position of the university based on cutting-edge facilities and internationally renowned research and teaching faculty.
Within Engineering and Technology, Aalborg University ranked as number 76 in 2015/2016.
PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL)
Aalborg University is famous for its problem based learning, where you work in a team on a large written assignment often collaborating with an industrial partner. This study method is also called “The Aalborg Model for Problem Based Learning”. The method is highly recognised internationally, and the university is host to a succesful UNESCO chair in Problem Based Learning in Engineering Education and a Centre for PBL and Sustainability approved by UNESCO.
The problem based project work at Aalborg University gives you a unique opportunity to acquire new knowledge and competences at a high academic level in an independent manner. You get to apply theory to practice when you work to solve real-life problems, and you will be well-prepared for your future career.