The deans undertake the management of the faculties and are responsible for:
- ensuring cohesion between research and education and the quality of education and teaching activities.
- ensuring inter-disciplinary quality development of education and research at the faculty.
- employing and dismissing the head of each department.
- appointing study boards and approving chairs and deputy chairs of study boards.
- appointing a PhD committee and a chair and deputy chair of this committee.
- appointing and dismissing directors of studies as recommended by the study boards appointed.
- approving regulations and curricula proposed by the study board.
- dissolving study boards or PhD committees (in special circumstances).
- taking on study board or PhD committee tasks (in special circumstances).
The Pro-dean is the Dean’s deputy. The Dean and Pro-dean constitute the Dean’s Office, which is the highest authority of the Faculty. The Pro-dean is appointed by and refers to the Dean, but must also be approved by the Rector. The Pro-dean undertakes tasks in agreement with the Dean.