New Venture Creation
New Venture Creation
Online Info Meetings
What is New Venture Creation?
New Venture Creation is a cross-disciplinary entrepreneurship course open to 9th semester students. The elective equips enrolled students with an entrepreneurial skillset, opportunistic networking and fosters innovation and new business start-ups. This course is aimed at all would-be entrepreneurs, established entrepreneurs and students interested in business development processes.
The course is designed as a live case environment, where the cases being analyzed are the actual, real-time experiences of students going through the entrepreneurial process of starting a company. To facilitate the development of ventures, the course embarks on both a theoretical framework and business development guidance to support and raise the prospects of success. Hence, the fundamental components from venturing a business will be taught, but more importantly, you will gain a hands-on experience in entrepreneurship
Would you rather develop business opportunities within an existing company? - Fear not! 👀👇
The New Venture Creation course also provides opportunities for students with INTRApreneurial interests.
Get up to 30 ECTS for innovating a company
- Team-based internship working full time following a structured process to create new business activities for an established company (we provide the company)
- Receive support, guidance and professional sparring in the development and growth of new business activities within an established company.
- Join an entrepreneurial hub and experience a stimulating environment offering real-life experience, networking and the framework to develop new successful business activities
- Approximately 25% of the projects are implemented in the case companies.
If you are interested in this option, just remember to indicate (check box) in the NVC application form below.
The New Venture Creation course consists of 3 sub-courses which can be accessed individually or combined for the full 30 ECTS:
New Venture Creation – Basic (15 ECTS)
This module combines extensive theoretical and practical principals of entrepreneurship aiming to provide the student with all-round abilities to develop new business ventures from idea to operationalization.
The course is based on “Lean Start-up methodology” and further includes fundamentals of business models, design thinking, and sustainability.
The course is concluded with an oral exam
Curriculum: Read Curriculum here
New Venture Creation – Advanced (10 ECTS)
The module is an extension to New Venture Creation (foundation) and encourages the student to reflect on the process and learnings from the foundation module. The output is an academically written project comprising both theoretical and practical underpinnings.
The project will be the basis of an oral exam.
Note: Participation in New Venture Creation (Basic) is a prerequisite for admission to this module.
Curriculum: Read the Curriculum here
Entrepreneurial Finance (5 ECTS)
The module will guide students through the complete life cycle of a start-up venture from launch to exit. It specifies different stages that a new company may go through as it grows and outlines financial challenges confronting entrepreneurial ventures along the way. Students will receive answers to key questions: how much money can and should be raised, what is the optimal timing of obtaining financing, what is a reasonable valuation of the venture, how and where to obtain financing, how funding should be structured and how to position a new venture strategically.
Exam: Written or oral (individual examination).
Curricullum: Read the curriculum here
At NVC you will:
- Get up to 30 ECTS for starting a company.
- Learn entrepreneurship through entrepreneurship (learning by doing)
- Become an entrepreneur, yet still graduate as a specialist.
- Support, guidance and professional sparring in the development and growth of a new business start-up
- Entering an entrepreneurial hub and experience a stimulating environment offering real-life experience, networking and the framework to develop a successful start-up
- Approximately 25% of the business ideas generate revenue before the semester ends
- Approximately 33% of the NVC teams enter AAUs Start-up Program after the semester ends to further develop their business
- Achieve tangible knowledge from the experience of creating a new venture
- Develop skills in entrepreneurship, management consulting and business development
- Identify relevant tools in management, strategy, marketing and corporate finance to build viable and sustainable business models
Application and requirements
Introduction to the Course
|Course ECTS||30 ECTS (3 Separate Modules)|
|Field of study||Business and Entrepreneurship|