THE NEW VENTURE CREATION COURSE IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND A FULL SEMESTER ON BUILDING - OR FURTHER DEVELOPING - A START-UP!
What is NEW VENTURE CREATION?
New Venture Creation is a cross-disciplinary entrepreneurship course open to 9th semester students. The elective equips enrolled students with an entrepreneurial skillset, opportunistic networking and fosters innovation and new business start-ups. This course is aimed at all would-be entrepreneurs, established entrepreneurs and students interested in business development processes.
The course is designed as a live case environment, where the cases being analysed are the actual, real-time experiences of students going through the entrepreneurial process of starting a company. To facilitate the development of ventures, the course embarks on both a theoretical framework and business development guidance to support and raise the prospects of success. Hence, the fundamental components from venturing a business will be taught, but more importantly, you will gain a hands-on experience in entrepreneurship
The New Venture Creation programme is offered as both a 30 ECTS and 10 ECTS course, so you can spend time and effort on building - or further developing - a start-up.
AT NVC YOU WILL:
- Get 30 ECTS for starting a company
- Learn entrepreneurship through entrepreneurship (learning by doing)
- Become an entrepreneur, yet still graduate as a specialist
- Support, guidance and professional sparring in the development and growth of a new business start-up
- Entering an entrepreneurial hub and experience a stimulating environment offering real-life experience, networking and the framework to develop a successful start-up
- Approximately 25% of the business ideas generate revenue before the semester ends
- Approximately 33% of the NVC teams enter AAUs Start-up Program after the semester ends to further develop their business
- Achieve tangible knowledge from the experience of creating a new venture
- Develop skills in entrepreneurship, management consulting and business development
- Identify relevant tools in management, strategy, marketing and corporate finance to build viable and sustainable business models
New Venture Creation is a part of the Master's programme in Management Accounting & Control (Økonomistyring). Find the curriculum at: http://www.fak.samf.aau.dk/uddannelse/studieordninger/erhvervsoekonomi/