Aim of the programme
The International Business programme is delivered and managed by the International Business Centre at Aalborg University and gives the students insight into:
- Economic, political, social and cultural aspects of international business management.
- Analysing and evaluating a company’s opportunities in the global market.
- Translating the market and the company’s resource potential into company strategies, plans and actions.
- Leadership and international human resource management
The above qualitifactions is enabled through various work forms (projects, cases, written essays) that will also enable students to solve complex problems, enhance their critical thinking and strengthen interpersonal skills.
Examples of projects written by students include:
- (General Electric) How can an enduring firm learn corporate entrepreneurship? The case of General Electric
- (Maersk) A Study of the Brand Strategy and Brand Management at Maersk
- (DHL) An Investigation and Evaluation of Marketing Practices at DHL
- (Google) Digital marketing strategy framework for internationalizing with the help of the Internet in the environment of Czech SMEs: case of Google
- (Amazon) An exploration of value creation from Big Data: The Amazon case study
- (Tesla Motors) The Impact of Innovation on Legislation within the Electric Vehicle Industry. A case study of Tesla Motors, Inc.
- (Siemens Wind Power) Supplier Management at Siemens Wind Power
- (Novo Nordisk & Coloplast) Successfully navigating Indonesia’s healthcare industry: Cases of Novo Nordisk and Coloplast
- (H&M) A Case Study of H&M- The Influence of Self-Image Congruity on Brand Loyalty
- (Haier Group) Internationalization Perspective on Value Creation and Co-creation of MNCs: Case Study of Haier Group
- (Benq-Siemens) Cross-cultural Management in International Merger and Acquisitions: The Case of Benq-Siemens
- (Alibaba) Demand- vs. supply-driven innovation: a case study of Alipay credit renting platform
- (Geely) Case study of Geely’s acquisition of Volvo in terms of innovation
- Full degree students begin 1 September.
- Guest/exchange students begin 1 September or 1 February.
- For information about the application process, deadlines, tuition fee, scholarship etc. please see
How to apply to Aalborg University
- Overview Courses/ECTS - See "Academic Content"
- Curriculum for the master’s programme in Economics and Business Administration (International Business)