Cultural agreements programme
What is a cultural agreements programme?
The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements Programme are aimed at highly qualified Master's and PhD-level students wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and literature or other fields of study related to Denmark.
Scholarships are offered to Master's and PhD-level students from higher education institutions in the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
Please note - scholarships are only offered to students enrolled in full-degree studies at higher education institutions in the countries listed above. Ph.D. students must likewise be employed at, or affiliated with, higher education institutions in the abovementioned countries.
Candidates who are already enrolled or planning to enroll in a full degree, joint degree, or double degree programme at a Danish institution are not eligible for a scholarship.
Applications from candidates affiliated with higher education institutions in countries other than those listed will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline and Application form
The application deadline for the 2019/20 academic year is March 1, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Applications must be submitted according to the information given by The Ministry of Higher Education and Science
In order to ensure that the most qualified candidates are nominated for a scholarship under the Cultural Agreements, the Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalisation has defined a set of criteria for the assessment of applicants.
Note that only students at Master or PhD level can apply.
In the selection process, Aalborg University will give priority to candidates:
- Who motivate their choice of a specific research programme or field of study through its relation to Danish language, culture or other Danish areas of expertise. Successful applicants will describe the Danish dimension in their choice of studies or research when applying in fields such as: design, music, architecture, welfare, environmental studies, etc.
- Who refer to an internationally acclaimed lecturer at Aalborg University with whom they would like to study.
- Who have contacted Aalborg University and received an invitation from a lecturer to conduct studies or research there.
- Who are recommended by a professor or lecturer.
- Who study at a partner university or institution of Aalborg University.
Please note you are not eligible for a scholarship if:
- You are not currently enrolled in, or conducting research at, an institution of higher education in a country participating in the Cultural Agreements programme.
- You are already enrolled or planning to enroll in a full degree, joint degree, or double degree programme in Denmark. Full, joint, and double degree students are not considered exchange students and are ineligible for scholarships.
- You intend to pursue studies at a bachelor’s level during your stay in Denmark in fields other than Danish language and literature.
- You intend to pursue studies at a post-doctorate level during your stay in Denmark
- You plan to conduct studies or research on a part-time, rather than a full-time, basis.
- Curriculum vitae signed and dated by you
- Academic transcripts -Officially verified (stamped and signed) copies of certificates and academic transcripts, including your final grade average with an explanation of grading system (maximum grade, minimum grade, etc.)
- Detailed programme for your study/research period in Denmark or Statement of Interest:
- Please enclose a detailed programme of courses you would like to attend or research projects you would like to conduct while in Denmark or enclose a Statement of Interest detailing the background for your interest to study at your desired host institution in Denmark.
- Letter of invitation from the requested study programme at Aalborg University
- Letter of recommendation
Timeline for processing applications
It is expected all applicants will be informed if they are successfull or not during May 2019.