Cyber Security is a cross-curricular master’s programme which draws on a number of research environments gathered in the cyber security research programme.
The Cyber Security educational programme equips you with the skills to handle challenges in the increasing number of cyber-attacks, which companies and institutions are facing.
Application deadline March 1, 2020
You will learn about
- Crisis communication
- Strategic planning and design of solutions for development, test and verification of secure systems and software
- Development of critical risk- and threats analysis
- Analysis and handling of cyber threats and prevention of attacks
- Design and upgrade of the architecture in IT-systems
- Network security and honeypots
Half of your time is spent on project work in groups according to the AAU Problem Based Learning-model. Apart from good cooperation skills, this will give you the ability to handle technical problem solving at a high level as well as the capacity to work with and manage all phases of a project. However, you are also trained to master development-, analysis- and service tasks on independent level.
When you study Cyber Security at Aalborg University in Copenhagen, you also become part of a community;
- You have the chance to work together with companies throughout your studies as part of the semester projects. Not only does it train you in working with real-world problems, but you also get to know different companies - and they get to know you.
- We organise activities such as training days, hacking evenings and invited talks. Our community brings together students, professionals, and other people interested in cyber security.
- AAU is part of the Danish Hub for Cyber Security, which is a Danish initiative to accelerate innovation and development within cyber security. It brings together universities, start-ups and established companies.
- You get access to campus and cyber security lab 24/7.
- We are passionate about what we do, and we take our students serious. Therefore, each student has a personal contact person among the professors. We want to learn about your interests and goals, so we can help you achieve it.