Project collaboration with AAU students
Each semester, several thousand students at Aalborg University collaborate with companies on projects. The students work with a case from your company, and as the project partner, you will get a potential solution to a given challenge in your company.
The advantages of a project collaboration with AAU students
At AAU, the students are engaging in project work - often in groups. Therefore, as the project partner, you will be collaborating with one or more students on a project you need new eyes on.
The project does not need to be specifically defined before the collaboration begins. It is a part of the AAU students' competencies to both define and solve the problem you are facing.
Project collaboration with AAU students will give you:
- Fresh input regarding current challenges or future projects with potential
- Access to the latest specialised knowledge in a wide range of areas
- The opportunity to enter your first collaboration with an academic
Tips for a good project collaboration
- Make a plan for the process with the students
- Have a contact person available for the students, who have the appropriate knowledge
- Have a positive, on-going contact with the students
- Invite the students to a meeting after project hand-in, where they can present their findings and ideas for you, and you can give them feedback, which they can use for their exam preparation
- Encourage the students to make a brief summary of the points in their project written in a non-academic language
Be aware that a project collaboration is a learning process, not an employment.
Facts on project collaboration
- It can take place either during the spring or autumn semester
- The collaboration often begins in February or September
- The duration of a project is usually2-3 months
- 10th semester theses often extends over a longer period of time
- Most students and companies have 3-5 meetings - often with more meetings in the first half of the collaboration
- Some students and companies are so satisfied with the collaboration that they continue collaborating in several semesters
- We recommend that you contact AAU or post your project proposal in AAU Jobbank by the latest in January or August
How to get started...
You can place a advertisement for project collaboration in AAU Jobbank for free, where it will be visible to all AAU students in Aalborg, Esbjerg and Copenhagen.
We recommend that you post your project proposal no later than January or August.
More information on project collaboration with AAU students
Meet the students
At a project fair, you have the opportunity to meet students from a specific study and perhaps find a project group to collaborate with. We organise the project fairs so that there is the greatest possible success rate on matches between you and the students.
Tel. +45 9940 8090
Want help to get started cooperating with AAU students in Aalborg, Esbjerg and/or Copenhagen? Call us or fill in the form by clicking below.Contact